Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 5: Kaleo


Today, it snowed again. So it was cold, but it was nice going to church with a family (Morenos) and not having to drive and park by myself in this horrible weather. Church was really intimate in the  basement. The Spirit really moved and spoke to us about a culture of repentance. Renewing our heart for this new year with a clean slate. Then after we went over to the pastor's place to celebrate Carlos' and to break bread together. It was a great time to fellowship with the women; it was very intimate. We laughed and talked while the men watched football. 

Today helped me realize that I'm really grateful for Kaleo, a church community I have wanted for the longest time. It may not be what I thought I wanted with a young community to have friends my age, but I'm blessed to grow together with them and learn with them. Although most of the women are married, I know they will be excited to walk with me in my journey when the time comes to have a boyfriend. I'm really thankful for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment